Anitta Explains Why She Created Her Character & How It Differs From Her Real Personality

Anitta Explains Why She Created Her Character & How It Differs From Her Real Personality

Anitta is opening up about how growing up in the favelas of Rio shaped her personality and the character she created.

The 30-year-old hitmaker explained how she uses her character as a shield and how her real personality, born Larissa de Macedo Machado, is not the same.

“I was like, if I have this behavior, nobody will ever f**k with me,” Anitta said in a new interview. “Before anyone [else], I go there: ‘Oh, I had sex. I did this. I did that.’ The real me? I don’t have sex for months and I don’t care. But Anitta would never. She f**ks every day.”

Keep reading to find out more…When she created Anitta, she was intentionally outspoke and brazen. “I dance, ass to the sky, and it sells more,” she told Harper’s Bazaar. “People love to complain: ‘Oh, this person’s so vulgar.’ But that’s what they like. Besides everything, I’m also a businesswoman. I’m an artist. I know how to get onstage and make everyone jump, make everyone do what I want. I know it sells.”

When a Brazilian journalist started alluding to the fact that she was sexually assaulted in the past, she chose to go public about her experience. “I felt so mad that this guy felt that he knew something about me that could hurt me,” Anitta said.

“I don’t like when people try to threaten me or say, ‘Oh, I know this and that about you.’ Oh really? Go there. Say it. If I don’t say it before you, I really don’t care,” Anitta continued. “She also remembered how hearing other women speak about their own abuse made her feel less isolated and thought she could return the favor. “It was like when I created my character, Anitta, I just wanted this woman that nobody could f*ck with. Because in the moment, you still blame yourself; you think that if you behaved differently, that wouldn’t happen to you.”

Anitta also recently revealed that it took her four hours to get ready for the 2023 Met Gala and revealed the hardest of the five languages she speaks.

Just Jared on Facebook

Photos: Getty Posted to: Anitta
View the rest of the story here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aileen Cannon—Judge Hearing Trump’s Documents Case—Reportedly Made ‘Significant’ Mistakes In June Trial

POV: Researchers often undercount how much visual misinformation is on Facebook

10 Best End of the World Love Stories From TV and Movies